Calais: Cassie's Wedding Shawl (May 2015)

Back in May 2015, I was happily knitting along on a wedding shawl for my daughter-in-law to be. I love knitting wedding shawls, and knit the stitches with love and prayers for a happy future for the Bride and her Groom.
For Cassie, I chose the pattern Calais by Judy Marples. Adding beads to wedding shawls make them extra special, and this pattern afforded me that opportunity with the beautiful eyelet border, where I was able to place clear beads along the knitted spines. 





I choose to gift the shawls to the Brides at their Bachelorette party, I know....not your usual Bachelorette gift! But I think when you see her smile that the Bride loved it:



Comments

  1. That is a beautiful shawl and a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such love and care - what a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa, it was a fun, gratifying project!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674