Wedding shower crafting

Yesterday was the wedding shower for my son and soon-to-be daughter, and I made up a few decorations.....thanks to inspiration from Pinterest!


I found this lace in my stash cupboard, most likely from one of my girls' First Communion dresses.
Using it to wrap the wire frame, I then hot glued the flowers on in the colors the kids chose for their wedding: champagne, blush pink and latte. The little chalkboard served to identify just who would be sitting next to Kenny....the Bride-to-Be!





I also have this 'thing' for letters. I had made some black ones last year for my daughter's wedding shower, so this time I painted the letters C & K in gold metallic paint, with a little glitter for bling.
They added a cute touch to the table in the foyer which featured pictures of the kids...a gift from one of the shower guests.


The Bride-to-Be's aunt is a professional chef...lucky for us! The food was to die for, especially this sweets table. Making the chalkboard was a lot of fun:




A lovely day for a lovely couple!


Comments

  1. Those are great decorations. Sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! It truly was wonderful....how are your daughter's wedding plans coming along?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverly! Gotta love Pinterest.......

      Delete
  3. Lovely, thoughtful decorations your soon to be daughter in law cannot fail to feel welcomed into your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! We are so lucky to have Cassie join our family :-)

      Delete
  4. Cute decorations! I really like that flower wreath. And that's a really nice picture of the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. These were fun projects :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674