Vogue 8880

Since it seems that I need a wardrobe "re-boot" for Spring, I've been taking a look at my stash of both patterns and fabric. I purchased 2 yards of this striped knit from Fabric.com a while back, and thought it would look good paired with Vogue 8880. The fabric recommendations from Vogue were "eyelet, crepe and jersey", so I thought I might be able to get away with using this stretchy knit. It worked out great!  

Line Art

This pattern uses a neckline facing for the front, and bias binding at the back neck. Huh? 
I just made binding cut almost on the bias from the striped fabric for both the front and back neckline, and top-stitched it in place. 
I did raise the front neckline V....it's pretty low on the pattern piece!



The lower front and back are separate pieces attached at the waist, which forms the elastic casing. I did add 1 inch to the length of the top/back at the waist.
And tho I made View C, I eliminated the lower sleeve piece to make the top short sleeved.
I am happy with this cut-on sleeve....not too much extra fabric at the underarm, which is often the case with this sleeve style.




I'm really pleased with my new top, and I like the 'peplum' look.
Now that the pattern alterations are in place, I'll be making this one again :-)


Comments

  1. What a great top, love the stripes. And this is just the pattern I wanted to know about, have it top of my list after I get Meredith's graduation dress complet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it paired with the green scarf. A few weeks ago, the windows at Neiman's were all about navy and white stripes. You are so now;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Looks like it will be a versatile piece for your Spring "re-boot" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty - super cute top! I love it. Would look great with a pencil skirt. I might have to look for this pattern and some striped fabric. What a great boost to your wardrobe. g

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674