2012 Sewing and Knitting Recap

It's always fun and rewarding to post a recap of my projects for the year.
It doesn't look as if I was as productive this year as I have been in the past, but that 
may be because there was definitely more knitting in 2012! 

This coral dress I made for my nephew's wedding was my favorite this year, since I gave myself plenty of time to fit the pattern and sew with more precision and detail. It's not the most-worn tho, that would be the pencil skirt which I manage to wear to work now almost weekly with tights and boots.

Kristen's sweater was my hands-down favorite knit, and doesn't she look lovely in it?!
The granny square got a mention to highlight the Lenten service project I organized with my fellow knit/crochet friends. In all, we were able to donate 319 squares to the Beaumont Hospital Cancer Center for their team of crocheters to assemble and put to use. 

Not shown is the Block of the Month knitted blanket that has yet to be completed. Only 1 1/2 blocks to the finish! That project got pushed into 2013 while I was focusing on the Christmas knitting.


Only one quilt got completed in 2012, tho a few more got started :-) 
And only one bag? I sure have a lot more on my list of to-do projects!

What do I have planned for 2013? I need to consider sewing more garments for a work wardrobe, and a Chanel-type jacket is at the top of the list. There is a quilt that needs to be quilted before April, that knitted blanket to finish, a skirt and shawl to cast on ..... I am never bored, that's for sure!

Happy New Year!


Comments

  1. Even though I knit quite a bit last year I still haven't master knitting myself a cardigan that fits well. The one you made is so pretty! As are all your sewing and knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great year of sewing and knitting. I can't wait to see your 2013 projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all your accomplishments in one post - you certainly had been busy! Looking forward to seeing your jacket this year...J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, I have just loved your projects this year. My favorite? That amazing coral dress...it looked SO pretty on you!
    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work - I so admire what you make! That coral dress is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems like a productive year to me! beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great year of sewing and knitting and just love the cardigan,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674