Simplicity 2369, McCall's 5248: PJ's!


      


Simplicity 2369 is a very popular and often reviewed pattern on the sewing website PatternReview. It's been sitting at the top of my to-do list for quite awhile, so I gave it a try. I had this yellow knit in my stash, so I used it to test the pattern. It really wasn't the right fabric, tho....too thin and clingy. But now I know why this is a much-loved pattern! I did make my usual FBA, and added stretch elastic to the neckline to eliminate gaping.  I'm looking forward to making up the dress, when I find the right fabric.
In the mean time, this will work well as a PJ top. Speaking of PJs, a couple of bloggers like Karen and Barbara have been posting about PJs, so I guess I'm right on trend!     
                                    


The PJs top needed some bottoms, so I got out McCall's 5248 . Not much to say here, just your
basic PJ bottoms with an elastic waist. I did need to narrow the leg width some, the legs were just too
wide and baggy. I  used this stretch cotton....not quite sure why or when I purchased this "loud" fabric,
but it's fine to wear in the privacy of my own home!

                                                         


Comments

  1. Very cute pjs and the perfect use for fabric, very cute and fun. I really like the top, have made it for myself once and for Erin. In fact, she wore it today, when we went to pick up the bridesmaids' dresses (alterations complete). Thanks to your posting and her top, I need to get that pattern out again. It is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! What a great pair of jammies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674